Maritime ports asked to hoist signal no 3
Published : 20 Oct 2017, 12:50
Maritime ports of Chittagong, Cox’s Bazar, Mongla and Payra have been advised to keep hoisted local cautionary signal no three due to a depression formed in the Bay.
The depression over coastal Odisha and adjoining area moved.
Northwestwards and was centred at 06am on Friday over Odisha and adjoining area as a land depression.
It is likely to move in a north /northeasterly direction further and weaken gradually. Under its influence steep pressure gradient and deep convection is taking place over North Bay, said a special bulleting of Met office.
Under the influence of the land depression the low-lying areas of the coastal districts of Cox’s Bazar, Chittagong, Noakhali, Laxmipur, Feni, Chandpur, Bhola, Barisal, Patuakhali, Jhalakati, Pirojpur, Barguna, Bagerhat, Khulna, Satkhira and their offshore islands and chars are likely to be inundated by wind driven surge of 1-2 feet height above normal astronomical tide.
All fishing boat and trawler over North Bay have been advised to remain in shelter till further notice.
- Most viewed
- US leaves 'hypocritical and self-serving' UN Human Rights Council
- Messi shares video of Bangladesh fans [ VIDEO ]
- 20 June Births
- 20 June Deaths
- 20 June Events
- Five killed in Rangpur, Gaibandha road crashes
- 'Killer' Nura held over Banani businessman murder
- Eid holidaymakers start leaving capital
- Moon sighting committee meets Friday
- 5 Reasons why Brazil is the favorite to win the World Cup