Maritime pots asked to hoist signal 1
Published : 06 Dec 2017, 16:06
Maritime ports of Chittagong, Cox's Bazar, Mongla and Payra have been advised to keep hoisted distant cautionary signal no one, said a special bulletin of Met office.
It was centred at 12 pm today about 1470kms south-southwest of Cox’s Bazar port, 1535kms south-southwest of Mongla port and 1495kms south-southwest of Payra port.
It is likely to intensify further and move in a northwesterly direction.
Maximum sustained wind speed within 44 kms of the depression centre is about 40 kph rising to 50 kph in gusts/squalls. Sea will remain moderate near the depression centre.
All fishing boats and trawlers over North Bay and deep sea have been advised to proceed with caution. They are also advised not to venture into the deep sea.
- Most viewed
- Amaranth Walnut Salad Recipe
- Keep vigil on crimes in jail: President
- Asaduzzaman Noor and Shykh Seraj named for Independence Award
- Teenager held for ‘raping’ Sunamganj minor girl
- Power generation sets new record; crosses 10,000 MW
- ‘Robber’ killed in gunfight with Rab at Gabtoli
- Woman found dead in Narsingdi
- 2 to die for killing man in Manikganj
- 2 years of Tonu murder: Protesters demand justice
- 5 Rohingya ‘robbers’ held in Cox’s Bazar
- Airstrike on Syria Ghouta kills 15 children taking shelter in school: Monitor
- 8 dead in Mali ethnic clashes
- Palestinian President calls US ambassador to Israel ‘son of a dog’
- ‘Any actions & tricks to split China are doomed to failure’ – Xi
- Myanmar is worst-performing country for aid access
- Profile: Bangadeshis killed in US-Bangla plane crash
- 'Mentally much stronger now'
- Plane crash: Father, daughter laid to rest
- DNA profiling of 5 unidentified bodies this week
- Putin says will engage with West after record vote win