Country to experience cold waves in January
Published : 02 Jan 2018, 13:40
A cold wave and two mild cold waves may sweep over the country in January, according to monthly outlook of Bangladesh Meteorological Department.
Besides, temperature may decrease below 8 degree Celsius in some parts of the country during the period.
According to the Meteorological Department, night temperature may fall in the coming 48 hours, while parts of the Rangpur, Rajshahi and Khulna divisions may experience cold waves.
North and central Bangladesh may experience a medium (6-8 degrees Celsius) or intense (4-6 degrees Celsius) cold wave this month and 2-3 light (8-10 degrees Celsius) or medium cold waves in other parts of the country this month, said the forecast.
However, the overall average temperatures across the country may remain normal.
The north, northeast, northwest, central and river basin areas may expect heavy fog, while other areas may experience light to medium fog today.
Parts of the Chittagong division and one or two areas in Sylhet, Barisal and Khulna may expect light to medium showers, according to forecast.
The weather will remain dry in most other parts of the country with some temporary cloudy skies.
- Most viewed
- Get hands on healthy food this yoga day
- Fan moments at FIFA World Cup Russia 2018
- Brazil to provide support for development of football in Bangladesh
- 29000 academic bodies work to mobilise anti-narcotics public opinion
- New Zealand PM gives birth to baby girl
- SC Order on Khaleda's bail in 2 cases July 5
- Tk 1,400cr additional fund okayed for Padma Bridge
- ‘Get knocked up by FIFA players, win $$$ and Whoppers’: Burger King shamed for offensive ad
- 'Ronaldo is like a good port wine, he knows how to age best'
- Argentina faces Croatia tonight
- Suarez sends Uruguay into last 16
- Costa nets lucky goal as Spain beat Iran
- UK's May defeats Brexit rebels, but divisions still reign
- Pressure on Messi against Croatia after Ronaldo scores again
- Zico to visit Bangladesh soon: Brazilian ambassador
- Ronaldo header sees off Morocco
- Keep it up, PM to women cricketers
- Body of ‘drug trader’ found in Chuadanga
- Mother ‘commits suicide’ after killing son in Panchagarh
- Neymar hopes for a ‘better’ game against Costa Rica