River ports asked to hoist signal no 2
Published : 11 Jun 2018, 14:01
River ports of Faridpur, Madaripur, Khulna, Barishal, Patuakhali, Noakhali, Cumilla, Chattogram, Cox’s Bazar and Sylhet have been advised to hoist riverine warning signal number two till 6 pm on Monday.
In association with rain or thundershowers temporary South or South-Westerly squalls speeding 60-80 kph is likely to occur over the regions of Faridpur, Madaripur, Khulna, Barishal, Patuakhali, Noakhali, Cumilla, Chattogram and Cox’s Bazar, said a Met office release.
Rain or thundershowers accompanied by temporary South or South-Westerly gusty or squally wind speeding 45-60 kph is likely to occur elsewhere over the country where in river ports shall hoist cautionary signal number one.
- Most viewed
- 2 more suspects killed in Mymensingh ‘gunfight’
- 22 June Births
- 22 June Deaths
- 22 June Events
- Get hands on healthy food this yoga day
- Fan moments at FIFA World Cup Russia 2018
- Brazil to provide support for development of football in Bangladesh
- 29000 academic bodies work to mobilise anti-narcotics public opinion
- New Zealand PM gives birth to baby girl
- SC Order on Khaleda's bail in 2 cases July 5