River ports asked to hoist signal no 2
Published : 11 Jun 2018, 14:01
River ports of Faridpur, Madaripur, Khulna, Barishal, Patuakhali, Noakhali, Cumilla, Chattogram, Cox’s Bazar and Sylhet have been advised to hoist riverine warning signal number two till 6 pm on Monday.
In association with rain or thundershowers temporary South or South-Westerly squalls speeding 60-80 kph is likely to occur over the regions of Faridpur, Madaripur, Khulna, Barishal, Patuakhali, Noakhali, Cumilla, Chattogram and Cox’s Bazar, said a Met office release.
Rain or thundershowers accompanied by temporary South or South-Westerly gusty or squally wind speeding 45-60 kph is likely to occur elsewhere over the country where in river ports shall hoist cautionary signal number one.
- Most viewed
- 18 October Deaths
- 18 October Births
- 18 October Events
- Zimbabwe team arrives in Dhaka for ODI, Test series
- Joy criticises Dr Kamal for teaming up with BNP-Jamaat
- North, S Korea agree to open roads, rail
- I am on Trump's 'team': Mattis
- North Korea slams US for ‘evil’ sanctions
- Taliban kill 7 policemen in country's north: Afghan
- Saudi to admit Khashoggi died in interrogation: US media