Day and night temp may remain nearly unchanged
Published : 22 Jun 2018, 16:45
Rain or thundershowers activity may increase over the country in the next 72 hours or three days ending at 9 am Monday, said a met office bulletin on Friday.
The bulletin also predicted that light to moderate rain or thundershowers accompanied by temporary gusty wind and lightning flashes is likely to occur at many places over the country in the next 24 hours ending at 9 am tomorrow.
According to bulletin, light to moderate rain or thundershowers accompanied by temporary gusty wind and lightning flashes is likely to occur at many places over Chattrogram & Sylhet divisions, at a few places over Rangpur, Mymensingh and Barishal divisions and at one or two places over Dhaka, Khulna & Rajshahi divisions with moderately heavy to heavy falls at places over the country..
‘‘Day and night temperature may remain nearly unchanged over the country,’’ it added.
Besides, a trough of low lies over North West Bay. Southwest monsoon is fairly active over Bangladesh and moderates over North Bay.
Meanwhile, the maximum temperature was recorded 36.8 degrees Celsius yesterday at Rajshahi division and today’s minimum temperature 24.2 degrees Celsius at Tetulia in Rangpur division.
The highest rainfall in the last 39 hours as of 6:00 am today was recorded 121 mm at Dimla in Rangpur division.
The sun sets at 6:49 pm today and rises at 5:12 am tomorrow in the capital.
- Most viewed
- Doob to represent Bangladesh in 91st Oscar
- Prime Minister leaves London for New York
- Pakistan bat against India in Asia Cup
- Bangladesh win toss and elected to bat against Afghanistan
- Iran's president blames US after attack on military parade
- 16 killed in anti-terrorism operation in Pakistan
- Rock your locks with stylish chic buns
- Tempting sev puri to satisfy your craving
- James Bond to be back in 2020
- World leaders at UN look for progress on N.Korea, brace for Trump