World Health Day today
Published : 07 Apr 2018, 14:52
The World Health Day is being observed in the country as elsewhere in the globe on Saturday.
The theme of this year’s day is: ‘Universal health coverage: everyone, everywhere’.
This is a global health awareness day observed every year on April 7 under the sponsorship of the World Health Organization (WHO) marking its birthday.
In 1948, the WHO held the first world health assembly. The assembly decided to celebrate April 7 of each year, with effect from 1950, as the World Health Day.
The Health and Family Welfare Ministry, Directorate General of Health Services and different non-government organisations have taken elaborate programmes to observe the day.
The day’s programmes will be inaugurated at Osmani Memorial Auditorium at 10:30am.
Meanwhile, President Abdul Hamid and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina have issued separate messages on the occasion.
- Most viewed
- Japanese billionaire Yusaku Maezawa to be first tourist to Moon: SpaceX
- Seven-day skin care routine for lovely looks
- Hasina, Modi inaugurate Bangladesh-India oil pipeline
- Emmys full of surprises, 'Marvelous Mrs. Maisel' dominates
- Ashraful called in to BCB High Performance squad
- 18 September Events
- 18 September Births
- 18 September Deaths
- Shahidul Alam seeks HC bail again
- Ecnec clears Tk 3,825.34 crore project to procure 1.5 lakh EVMs