Holy Lailatul Qadr observed
Published : 13 Jun 2018, 14:20
Muslims across the country observed the holy Lailatul Qadr on Tuesday night with due religious fervour and solemnity.
The holy Quran was revealed to greatest Prophet Hazrat Muhammad (PBUH) on this night to show mankind the path of worldly and eternal emancipation.
According to the holy Quran, the night is superior to one thousand nights.
Devotees spent the night offering special prayers, reciting from the holy Quran and hold milad mahfil and zikr.
In their prayers, they sought divine blessings for themselves, country and Muslim Ummah.
They also visited graveyards to seek divine blessings for the departed souls of their near and dear ones.
Bangladesh Television, Bangladesh Betar and private TV channels and radio stations aired special programmes while newspapers published special supplements highlighting the significance of the night.
- Most viewed
- ‘The sheep, not the GOAT’ – Messi & Argentina trolled after World Cup shock
- Modric and co. maul Messi's misfiring Argentina in shock World Cup rout
- 2 more suspects killed in Mymensingh ‘gunfight’
- 22 June Births
- 22 June Deaths
- 22 June Events
- Get hands on healthy food this yoga day
- Fan moments at FIFA World Cup Russia 2018
- Brazil to provide support for development of football in Bangladesh
- 29000 academic bodies work to mobilise anti-narcotics public opinion