Foods with multiple benefits
Published : 10 Jan 2018, 18:17
What you eat can be as important and helpful as the serums and creams you apply on your skin.
There are foods. Then there are super foods. And then there are some that overpower these two categories. We call them magical foods- the ones that you can both eat and apply on your skin. Yes, that’s true! These food items not only help you maintain a healthy weight but also let you flaunt a smooth and healthy skin.
In fact, what you eat can be as important and helpful as the serums and creams you apply on your skin.
Here are a few magical foods you should get your hands on now
This cute little fruit is loaded with Vitamin C that fights free radicals that damage cells and break down collagen, leading to wrinkles. We suggest that you pick yummy strawberry smoothies once in a while for better hydration. Or you can simply apply them on your face to look young and fresh.
This magical fruit is the most antioxidant- rich fruit. It has more inflammatory-fighting antioxidant. All you need to do is eat some fresh pomegranate or apply it on your skin to remove dead skin cells.
This magical drink has inflammation fighting antioxidants. Make a habit to sip 3 cups of green tea in a day for an antioxidant boost. You can also chill damp tea bags in the fridge and put on eyes as green tea contains tannins, which act as an astringent when applied to skin and help reduce puffiness.
Yogurt is made by bacterial fermentation of milk, a process that boosts digestive health as it produces the same bacteria found in the gut. The lactic acid in yogurt helps in dissolving dead skin and tightens pores. You can both eat it and apply it on your skin.
Honey is antibacterial and full of antioxidants. It helps in fighting acne and slows down aging. It also helps in bringing back the moisture to the skin.
Over to You
You can easily find these magical foods in your kitchen and home. What you do with them and how you make the most of them is your choice. If used properly, they can do wonders to your skin, health and body. All you need to do is to be aware of these little wonders in your home and the benefits they have in store for you.
And it’s important to eat today for tomorrow but it’s also very important to act today for tomorrow.
So, go to your kitchen now, look for these magical foods and make the most of them.
- Most viewed
- Amaranth Walnut Salad Recipe
- Keep vigil on crimes in jail: President
- Asaduzzaman Noor and Shykh Seraj named for Independence Award
- Teenager held for ‘raping’ Sunamganj minor girl
- Power generation sets new record; crosses 10,000 MW
- ‘Robber’ killed in gunfight with Rab at Gabtoli
- Woman found dead in Narsingdi
- 2 to die for killing man in Manikganj
- 2 years of Tonu murder: Protesters demand justice
- 5 Rohingya ‘robbers’ held in Cox’s Bazar
- Airstrike on Syria Ghouta kills 15 children taking shelter in school: Monitor
- 8 dead in Mali ethnic clashes
- Palestinian President calls US ambassador to Israel ‘son of a dog’
- ‘Any actions & tricks to split China are doomed to failure’ – Xi
- Myanmar is worst-performing country for aid access
- Profile: Bangadeshis killed in US-Bangla plane crash
- 'Mentally much stronger now'
- Plane crash: Father, daughter laid to rest
- DNA profiling of 5 unidentified bodies this week
- Putin says will engage with West after record vote win