Skin hydration tips to beat the summer heat
Published : 06 Jun 2018, 18:22
The heat is here and so are the summer fun activities. So, if you arewondering how to make those dry patches on your face very smooth, just make sure of following some basic routines.
Sangeeta Velaskar gives tips fora hydrated healthy skin:
* It is always important to apply sunscreen to your face before going out in the morning. Even if it’s not to sunny outside, the sun’s powerful rays can damage your skin.
* It is never good to use direct hot water on the skin as it washes away the sebum that is required by the skin to retain moisture. A good way is to use lukewarm water for washing your face.
* Using the right kind of moisturizer is the key to skin hydration. During summer, you should opt for moisturizers which are water-based instead of oil-based.
Sonia Mathur gives a few tips and tricks to beat the summer heat and hydrate the skin in an effective manner:
* Drinking adequate amount of water (at least 8 glasses a day) is an essential one as water helps in digestion, circulation, absorption and getting rid of skin toxins. If your skin is not getting sufficient amount of water, the lack of hydration will present itself by the dry and flaky skin.
* Hydrate your skin with a hydrating mask at least twice a week. This will not only help in hydrating the skin but also in removing excess oils and other impurities. This is a must-do to the improve the appearance of your skin.
* Toner therapy is something that is overlooked by many. For glowing and hydrated skin, add toner therapy to your beauty regime. It helps reduce open pores seizing maximum dust, dirt and pollution leading to acne.
- Most viewed
- Get hands on healthy food this yoga day
- Fan moments at FIFA World Cup Russia 2018
- Brazil to provide support for development of football in Bangladesh
- 29000 academic bodies work to mobilise anti-narcotics public opinion
- New Zealand PM gives birth to baby girl
- SC Order on Khaleda's bail in 2 cases July 5
- Tk 1,400cr additional fund okayed for Padma Bridge
- ‘Get knocked up by FIFA players, win $$$ and Whoppers’: Burger King shamed for offensive ad
- 'Ronaldo is like a good port wine, he knows how to age best'
- Argentina faces Croatia tonight
- Suarez sends Uruguay into last 16
- Ronaldo header sees off Morocco
- Costa nets lucky goal as Spain beat Iran
- Zico to visit Bangladesh soon: Brazilian ambassador
- Pressure on Messi against Croatia after Ronaldo scores again
- Neymar hopes for a ‘better’ game against Costa Rica
- UK's May defeats Brexit rebels, but divisions still reign
- Keep it up, PM to women cricketers
- Body of ‘drug trader’ found in Chuadanga
- Mother ‘commits suicide’ after killing son in Panchagarh