Google’s new smartphone debut expected 4 Oct
Published : 15 Sep 2017, 13:22
Google on Thursday fired off invitations to a 4 October event at which the US tech giant is expected to field a second-generation Pixel as its new champion in the competitive smartphone market.
The internet giant behind Android software for powering mobile devices also launched a madebygoogle.com web page that featured a playful animation that asked “Thinking about changing phones?” and then suggested waiting until 4 October.
Invitations to the event in San Francisco also advised the curious to follow its @madebygoogle account at Twitter. The phrase was rolled out with the original Pixel to refer to the fact it was the first time Google created both the software and hardware of a smartphone.
The Google event will come shortly after Apple begins shipping new iPhone 8 models unveiled this week at an event at the company’s new “spaceship” campus in Silicon Valley.
Apple also announced a 10th anniversary iPhone X, touting the new flagship device as the next generation of mobile computing.
The Apple handset starting $999 will be available starting November 3 in more than 50 markets.
Samsung last month unveiled a new model of its Galaxy Note with a similarly high price tag as it seeks to mount a renewed challenge to iPhones.
Pricing on a Pixel 2 remained to be seen, but the original handset competes in the premium segment of the market.
- Most viewed
- Get hands on healthy food this yoga day
- Fan moments at FIFA World Cup Russia 2018
- Brazil to provide support for development of football in Bangladesh
- 29000 academic bodies work to mobilise anti-narcotics public opinion
- New Zealand PM gives birth to baby girl
- SC Order on Khaleda's bail in 2 cases July 5
- Tk 1,400cr additional fund okayed for Padma Bridge
- ‘Get knocked up by FIFA players, win $$$ and Whoppers’: Burger King shamed for offensive ad
- 'Ronaldo is like a good port wine, he knows how to age best'
- Argentina faces Croatia tonight
- Suarez sends Uruguay into last 16
- Ronaldo header sees off Morocco
- Costa nets lucky goal as Spain beat Iran
- Zico to visit Bangladesh soon: Brazilian ambassador
- Pressure on Messi against Croatia after Ronaldo scores again
- Neymar hopes for a ‘better’ game against Costa Rica
- UK's May defeats Brexit rebels, but divisions still reign
- Keep it up, PM to women cricketers
- Body of ‘drug trader’ found in Chuadanga
- Mother ‘commits suicide’ after killing son in Panchagarh