Google Tilt Brush: Impossible now a reality!
Published : 13 May 2016, 14:36
Artists, put down your brushes. It's time to step into the world of virtual reality. Google has unveiled Tilt Brush, its new app set to revolutionize the definition of painting and push the boundaries of what it can represent.
With the swipe of a digital brush users wearing a connected HTC Vive headset can paint life-sized, three dimensional strokes of just about anything -- even drawing with impossible materials such as fire, snow and stars.
The immersive space is an obvious draw for installation artists, but there are multiple creative avenues for the app.
Tilt Brush has the potential to drive change in the fashion industry, as illustrators can paint with textured fabrics such as denim, silk and cotton, as well as leather. Designers can flesh out their creations to scale and step around their work in progress, viewing it from every conceivable angle -- and share it with Tilt Brush users around the globe.
The app, which is bundled in with the HTC Vive, has already become a plaything for a select group of artists invited by The Google Cultural Institute to trial the technology in Paris earlier this year.
"I had this idea of what I wanted to do, but when I entered the virtual space, at that moment everything changed," says calligrapher Said Dokins.
Faith47 explains that you're leaving the two dimensional world behind and "basically sculpting your drawing."
"What really struck me was the ability that this has for this to be a platform for installations in museum and gallery space," said Cuban-American artist Jorge Rodriguez-Gerada on how the technology could be applied.
- Most viewed
- Get hands on healthy food this yoga day
- Fan moments at FIFA World Cup Russia 2018
- Brazil to provide support for development of football in Bangladesh
- 29000 academic bodies work to mobilise anti-narcotics public opinion
- New Zealand PM gives birth to baby girl
- SC Order on Khaleda's bail in 2 cases July 5
- Tk 1,400cr additional fund okayed for Padma Bridge
- ‘Get knocked up by FIFA players, win $$$ and Whoppers’: Burger King shamed for offensive ad
- 'Ronaldo is like a good port wine, he knows how to age best'
- Argentina faces Croatia tonight
- Suarez sends Uruguay into last 16
- Ronaldo header sees off Morocco
- Costa nets lucky goal as Spain beat Iran
- Zico to visit Bangladesh soon: Brazilian ambassador
- Pressure on Messi against Croatia after Ronaldo scores again
- Neymar hopes for a ‘better’ game against Costa Rica
- UK's May defeats Brexit rebels, but divisions still reign
- Keep it up, PM to women cricketers
- Body of ‘drug trader’ found in Chuadanga
- Mother ‘commits suicide’ after killing son in Panchagarh