Bangabandhu-1 to reach orbit within 2-3 days
Published : 21 May 2018, 10:54
Bangabandhu-1, the first commercial satellite of the country, will reach its orbit within two to three days, said Bangabandhu-I project director Mohammad Mesbahuzzaman.
“After successful launching, the Bangabandhu-1 satellite needs 11 days for reaching its orbit and it’ll reach its orbital slot on 119.1 degree on May 22 or May 23 as per the schedule,” he said while talking to journalist.
About the next activities of the satellite after reaching its orbit, Mesbah Uzzaman, said, “It’ll take 2-3 months more for the satellite to become fully operational.”
Bangladesh entered the elite Space Club of 57 nations with the launch of its first geostationary communications satellite, the Bangabandhu-1, into the orbit by US space transport company SpaceX on May 12.
The satellite was launched using the latest version of SpaceX's upgraded Falcon 9 rocket, the Block 5, from the historic Kennedy Space Center in Cape Canaveral.
It was bought from Russian satellite company 'Intersputnik' for US$ 28 million in January 2015.
- Most viewed
- 2 more suspects killed in Mymensingh ‘gunfight’
- 22 June Births
- 22 June Deaths
- 22 June Events
- Get hands on healthy food this yoga day
- Fan moments at FIFA World Cup Russia 2018
- Brazil to provide support for development of football in Bangladesh
- 29000 academic bodies work to mobilise anti-narcotics public opinion
- New Zealand PM gives birth to baby girl
- SC Order on Khaleda's bail in 2 cases July 5