Bangabandhu Satellite will benefit broadcasting industry: Tarana
Published : 26 May 2018, 17:48
State Minister for Information Advocate Tarana Halim today said country's TV channels would save huge foreign currency by using Bangabandhu-1 Satellite services.
"TV channels of the country are using rented satellite services from Singapore and other countries that cost about $14 million annually," she told a meeting with local journalists at the Tangail circuit house here.
The broadcasting industry will benefit immensely after the launch of Bangabandhu-1 Satellite, she added.
Deputy Commissioner Khan Md Nurul Amin, leaders of Tangail district unit of Awami League (AL) and local journalists, among others, addressed the meeting.
Tarana said Bangladesh will recover the total expenditure of Bangabandhu-1 Satellite within next 7 or 8 years and after that the country will earn large amount of profit from the satellite.
With sending the Bangabandhu-I Satellite to the orbit, Bangladesh has become the 57th country to launch a geostationary communication satellite, she said adding the launching of the Bangabandhu-1 Satellite has brightened the image of Bangladesh before the world.
The nation's dream satellite, Bangabandhu-I, was launched in the early hours of May 12 (Bangladesh time).
- Most viewed
- Modric and co. maul Messi's misfiring Argentina in shock World Cup rout
- 2 more suspects killed in Mymensingh ‘gunfight’
- 22 June Births
- 22 June Deaths
- 22 June Events
- Get hands on healthy food this yoga day
- Fan moments at FIFA World Cup Russia 2018
- Brazil to provide support for development of football in Bangladesh
- 29000 academic bodies work to mobilise anti-narcotics public opinion
- New Zealand PM gives birth to baby girl