Zuckerberg is now the third-richest person alive
Published : 07 Jul 2018, 18:21
Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg has replaced Warren Buffett as the third-richest person in the world.
The Facebook CEO jumped ahead on Friday with a net worth of $81.6 billion, according to calculations by Bloomberg.
That put him about $373 million in front of Buffett, the legendary investor and Berkshire Hathaway (BRKA) CEO.
Zuckerberg claimed the No 3 spot on the Bloomberg Billionaires Index because Facebook (FB) shares rose 2.4%. The stock has spiked about 15% this year, according to the CNN report.
For the first time, the three richest people alive are all tech titans. Amazon's Jeff Bezos, worth about $141 billion, is first, followed by Microsoft (MSFT) founder Bill Gates, according to the Bloomberg index.
- Most viewed
- Keto or vegan? Hear it from the nutritionist
- Happy Birthday Priyanka Chopra: 5 times actress turned heads
- Wonder benefits of coconut oil
- Three people killed in Thailand helicopter crash
- Robert Miller likely new US envoy to Bangladesh
- Google faces record 4.3-bn-euro EU fine over Android
- HSC, equivalent exams results tomorrow
- FAO recognizes Bangladesh as 3rd top fish producing country
- Govt. took all steps for conservation of Sundarbans: PM
- Sonam Kapoor's Truly 'The Good Wife'