Women’s cricket team to get Tk 2cr as prize money
Published : 12 Jun 2018, 11:57
Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) President Nazmul Hasan Papon has announced Tk 2 crore prize money for Bangladesh Women Cricket Team as they clinched the Asia Cup T20 title against India on Sunday.
BCB also announced that each of the players will receive Tk 10 lakh.
The victorious Tigresses have arrived at Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport by a US Bangla flight this afternoon.
The team went to Pan Pacific Sonargaon Hotel straight from the airport where the BCB president along with directors and staff members received the Tigresses and announced the prize money.
Yesterday, it was dream come true for Bangladesh and a befitting end of a fairy tale as Tigresses overcame all the hurdles to beat the fancied India by three wickets in a nerve wrecking final of the Women’s Asia Cup final to lift their maiden crown at Kinrara Academy Oval, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Most viewed
- 2 more suspects killed in Mymensingh ‘gunfight’
- 22 June Births
- 22 June Deaths
- 22 June Events
- Get hands on healthy food this yoga day
- Fan moments at FIFA World Cup Russia 2018
- Brazil to provide support for development of football in Bangladesh
- 29000 academic bodies work to mobilise anti-narcotics public opinion
- New Zealand PM gives birth to baby girl
- SC Order on Khaleda's bail in 2 cases July 5