Neymar hopes for a ‘better’ game against Costa Rica
Published : 21 Jun 2018, 13:11
Stumbling to 1-1 draw in their World Cup 2018 opener against Switzerland, the Brazilian ace forward Neymar said he is hopeful that Brazil will put up a better show in the next game and secure victory.
Neymar struggled to live up to his nation’s expectations in the match against Switzerland as Brazil still awaits their first victory in this edition of the football extravaganza.
Neymar bore the brunt of the aggression from Switzerland players in the game and in turn he became part of a World Cup record. Neymar was fouled 10 times during the game against Switzerland, the most fouls received by any player in a single match in World Cup since Alan Shearer was fouled 11 times against Tunisia in 1998 World cup.
The forward became the reason behind some frowning Brazilian foreheads as he limped out of Tuesday’s training session with an ankle problem.
The 26-year-old returned to training on Wednesday and is raring to go, but hopes to see more out of his side against their Central American opposition.
According to reports by Goal.com, Neymar spoke to the Brazilian Football Confederation and said: “I hope we play a better game than in the debut against Switzerland and we want to win.
“We want to play well. We have seen footage of Costa Rica although the important thing is to play our football.” Neymar concluded.
After taking on Costa Rica, Brazil will complete Group E by facing Serbia in Moscow.
The Brazilians trail Serbia, who took a win over Costa Rica in their opening match, in the Group E standings.
- Most viewed
- Keto or vegan? Hear it from the nutritionist
- Happy Birthday Priyanka Chopra: 5 times actress turned heads
- Wonder benefits of coconut oil
- Three people killed in Thailand helicopter crash
- Robert Miller likely new US envoy to Bangladesh
- Google faces record 4.3-bn-euro EU fine over Android
- HSC, equivalent exams results tomorrow
- FAO recognizes Bangladesh as 3rd top fish producing country
- Govt. took all steps for conservation of Sundarbans: PM
- Sonam Kapoor's Truly 'The Good Wife'