Mominul show before rain
Published : 12 Jan 2017, 11:40
Opener Tamim Iqbal hit a fifty while Mominul Haque is also going strong as Bangladesh look comfortable on the first day of the first Test against New Zealand in Wellington on Thursday.
Tamim was in a buyoant mood, making 56 off just 50 balls before Trent Boult trapped him leg before the wicket.
Mominul started patiently, but hit Tim Southee for four fours and a six in the bowler's last two overs before rain stopped play. The dimunitive batsman is not out on 48 while Mahmudullah is unbeaten on 13. The Tigers are 119 for 2 after 29 overs.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- Want to end nasty politics, Khaleda tweets
- President for resolving CHT land dispute to explore dev potentials
- BSC to get new 6 ships by 2018
- Korean envoy for stronger cultural ties with Bangladesh
- Land Minister’s son, 10 others land in jail
- Indian climber missing on Everest, guide in bad condition
- Nothing to get scared of chikungunya: Sayeed Khokan
- After 10-year gap, Thai lotuses bloom again
- Unplanned Tourism Effects Biodiversity of Cox’s Bazar: Secretary of MoEF
- Heat wave may continue for some days