China supports Myanmar efforts for peace
Published : 13 Sep 2017, 12:07
China supports the Myanmar government's efforts to maintain peace and stability in Rakhine state, China’s Foreign Ministry spokesperson Geng Shuang said on Tuesday.
“We condemn the violent attacks which happened in Rakhine state in Myanmar,” Geng said, while China sincerely hopes order and the normal life there will be restored as soon as possible.
The international community should support the efforts of Myanmar in safeguarding the stability of its national development, he said.
China is willing to communicate with relevant parties over the issue, he noted.
Extremist terrorists launched attacks on police outposts in Rakhine on August 25. More than 300,000 residents from the northern Rakhine state have fled to Bangladesh since then.
- Most viewed
- Get hands on healthy food this yoga day
- Fan moments at FIFA World Cup Russia 2018
- Brazil to provide support for development of football in Bangladesh
- 29000 academic bodies work to mobilise anti-narcotics public opinion
- New Zealand PM gives birth to baby girl
- SC Order on Khaleda's bail in 2 cases July 5
- Tk 1,400cr additional fund okayed for Padma Bridge
- ‘Get knocked up by FIFA players, win $$$ and Whoppers’: Burger King shamed for offensive ad
- 'Ronaldo is like a good port wine, he knows how to age best'
- Argentina faces Croatia tonight
- Suarez sends Uruguay into last 16
- Costa nets lucky goal as Spain beat Iran
- UK's May defeats Brexit rebels, but divisions still reign
- Pressure on Messi against Croatia after Ronaldo scores again
- Zico to visit Bangladesh soon: Brazilian ambassador
- Ronaldo header sees off Morocco
- Keep it up, PM to women cricketers
- Body of ‘drug trader’ found in Chuadanga
- Mother ‘commits suicide’ after killing son in Panchagarh
- Neymar hopes for a ‘better’ game against Costa Rica