6 killed in India road accident
Published : 13 Jan 2018, 15:01
Five wrestlers were among six persons killed in a road accident in western Maharashtra’s Sangli’s district early on Saturday, the police said. They were on their way back from a local sporting competition.
Seven people were also injured in the accident.
The accident happened on the Kadegaon-Sangli road, when they were coming back from a wrestling competition in Aundh village. They were on their way towards Kundal in Sangli district, a senior police official said.
A tractor approaching at high-speed rammed into their SUV from the opposite direction, which led to the deaths. The driver of the accident fled the spot after the accident. The injured are recuperating at a government hospital in Sangli, a senior police official said.
A case has been registered under relevant sections of the IPC and the Motor Vehicles Act at the Chinchni-Vangi police station, the police official said, adding that efforts were on to trace the driver of the speeding tractor.
- Most viewed
- Amaranth Walnut Salad Recipe
- Keep vigil on crimes in jail: President
- Asaduzzaman Noor and Shykh Seraj named for Independence Award
- Teenager held for ‘raping’ Sunamganj minor girl
- Power generation sets new record; crosses 10,000 MW
- ‘Robber’ killed in gunfight with Rab at Gabtoli
- Woman found dead in Narsingdi
- 2 to die for killing man in Manikganj
- 2 years of Tonu murder: Protesters demand justice
- 5 Rohingya ‘robbers’ held in Cox’s Bazar
- Airstrike on Syria Ghouta kills 15 children taking shelter in school: Monitor
- 8 dead in Mali ethnic clashes
- Palestinian President calls US ambassador to Israel ‘son of a dog’
- ‘Any actions & tricks to split China are doomed to failure’ – Xi
- Myanmar is worst-performing country for aid access
- Profile: Bangadeshis killed in US-Bangla plane crash
- 'Mentally much stronger now'
- Plane crash: Father, daughter laid to rest
- DNA profiling of 5 unidentified bodies this week
- Putin says will engage with West after record vote win