6 killed in India road accident
Published : 13 Jan 2018, 15:01
Five wrestlers were among six persons killed in a road accident in western Maharashtra’s Sangli’s district early on Saturday, the police said. They were on their way back from a local sporting competition.
Seven people were also injured in the accident.
The accident happened on the Kadegaon-Sangli road, when they were coming back from a wrestling competition in Aundh village. They were on their way towards Kundal in Sangli district, a senior police official said.
A tractor approaching at high-speed rammed into their SUV from the opposite direction, which led to the deaths. The driver of the accident fled the spot after the accident. The injured are recuperating at a government hospital in Sangli, a senior police official said.
A case has been registered under relevant sections of the IPC and the Motor Vehicles Act at the Chinchni-Vangi police station, the police official said, adding that efforts were on to trace the driver of the speeding tractor.
- Most viewed
- Get hands on healthy food this yoga day
- Fan moments at FIFA World Cup Russia 2018
- Brazil to provide support for development of football in Bangladesh
- 29000 academic bodies work to mobilise anti-narcotics public opinion
- New Zealand PM gives birth to baby girl
- SC Order on Khaleda's bail in 2 cases July 5
- Tk 1,400cr additional fund okayed for Padma Bridge
- ‘Get knocked up by FIFA players, win $$$ and Whoppers’: Burger King shamed for offensive ad
- 'Ronaldo is like a good port wine, he knows how to age best'
- Argentina faces Croatia tonight
- Suarez sends Uruguay into last 16
- Costa nets lucky goal as Spain beat Iran
- Pressure on Messi against Croatia after Ronaldo scores again
- UK's May defeats Brexit rebels, but divisions still reign
- Zico to visit Bangladesh soon: Brazilian ambassador
- Ronaldo header sees off Morocco
- Keep it up, PM to women cricketers
- Body of ‘drug trader’ found in Chuadanga
- Mother ‘commits suicide’ after killing son in Panchagarh
- Neymar hopes for a ‘better’ game against Costa Rica